About a month ago, I got a great idea from my friend Tracy’s blog: start a new tradition with your children by asking them the same twenty questions each year and recording their answers. Fun! Since the BBs (beautiful boys) recently turned eight and five, I decided to give it a go. Some of their answers were quite unexpected! Hopefully I will remember to do this again next year…
1.What is your favourite colour?
2. What is your favourite toy?
3. What is your favourite fruit?
4. What is your favourite TV show?
BB#1: Men in Black The Series
BB#2: Power Rangers
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch?
BB#1: French toast
BB#2: Cinnamon toast
6. What is your favourite outfit?
BB#1: Purple hoodie with jeans
BB#2: My Ninjago shirt
7. What is your favourite game?
BB#1: Mario Cart
BB#2: Batman Lego Wii
8. What is your favourite snack?
BB#2: Salt and vinegar fish crackers
9. What is your favourite animal?
BB#1: Crested gecko [he has a pet crested gecko]
BB#2: Fox [o-kay…]
10. What is your favourite song?
BB#1: “Revenge” [Minecraft parody song on YouTube]
BB#2: [Note: I seem to have neglected to record this one, oops! But since he asks me to play “Brass Monkey” by the Beastie Boys every.time.we.get.in.the.car, I’d say we have a winner]
11. What is your favourite book?
BB#1: The Hobbit (“next year it’s probably going to be Lord of the Rings”)
BB#2: Ninjago book at the bookstore [writes this down on Christmas list…]
12. Who is your best friend?
BB#1: All of my friends
BB#2: Jack [this was a bit of a surprise; he has another friend he plays with more and who he regularly refers to as his “favourite friend”…]
13. What is your favourite sport?
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside?
BB#1: Play “manhunt” [some kind of tag-type game he plays with his friends at recess]
BB#2: Playing Ninjago
15. What is your favourite drink?
BB#1: Coke [which he is not allowed to drink…]
BB#2: Hot choco [I think it’s sweet he still calls hot chocolate “hot choco”; that’s what our nanny used to call it, and she hasn’t worked for us in almost two years.]
16. What is your favourite holiday?
BB#2: St. Patrick’s Day (“for the Shamrock Shake”) [huh?!]
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
BB#1: The Hobbit and How To Train Your Dragon
BB#2: My cheetah and Biscuit [stuffed dog he’s named after the dog in the Biscuit books]
18. What is your favourite thing to eat for breakfast?
BB#1: Breakfast sandwich [egg and cheese on a bagel]
BB#2: Cinnamon toast
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?
BB#1: Sashimi and gyoza and calamari
BB#2: Pizza [I’m glad he didn’t say cinnamon toast…]
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?
BB#1: An inventor
BB#2: If I grow up, I’ll be an engineer [Note: he said a number of times before his 5th birthday that he wanted all four of us to throw coins in a fountain and wish to never get any older and never to die. I know, right?!]